Possibly the World's Easiest VPN.
PepVPN is our foundation VPN engine. It is ideal for establishing a secure tunnel over any WAN link and is possibly the world's easiest VPN technology. PepVPN is introduced to make it even easier to migrate to SpeedFusion. It offers all the benefits of IPsec and other conventional tunneling protocols, plus a variety of performance and reliability features you won't find anywhere else. Whether you want all the benefits of SpeedFusion right away or whether you prefer to migrate in stages, our new three-tier structure makes it simple, affordable, and convenient.
* Coming soon.− Possibly the World's Easiest VPN.
PepVPN is our foundation VPN engine. It is ideal for establishing a secure tunnel over any WAN link. On top of all the benefits of IPsec and other conventional VPN technologies, the PepVPN engine also offers:
- Long-distance Ethernet cable − PepVPN allows a secure and seamless Ethernet tunnel over any IP connection (Layer 2 over Layer 3). It virtually provides a long-distance Ethernet cable over any WAN link.
- Seamless transition − PepVPN and SpeedFusion share the same foundation VPN engine. It means all your PepVPN and SpeedFusion devices will work flawlessly together. It also allows you easily upgrade a PepVPN endpoint to SpeedFusion, to take advantage of the added benefits, without having to worry about compatibility.
- Works in any dynamic IP environment − PepVPN is fully compatible with any dynamic IP environment and NAT, allowing you to establish a VPN behind a NAT gateway or firewall without worrying about static IP addresses.
SpeedFusion Hot Failover is a premium add-on that manages multiple redundant connections to keep VPNs and VoIP deployments up and running at all times.
- Easy setup − Just add connections, you can even mix wired and wireless links of different WAN technologies.
- Unbreakable VoIP and VPN − With other VPN technologies, WAN failover terminates existing VPN connections, creating costly downtime. SpeedFusion Hot Failover prevents this by maintaining secure tunnels over all available WAN links. In case of a WAN failure, SpeedFusion Hot Failover will instantly and seamlessly switch traffic to another available tunnel. This provides unbreakable VPNs and VoIP sessions.
Working hand-in-hand with Hot Failover and PepVPN, SpeedFusion Bonding teams up all your connections to give you blazing throughput whenever you need it.
- Multi-provider bandwidth bonding − SpeedFusion Bonding combines multiple links from multiple providers into a single, superfast tunnel.
- Automatic Hot Failover handoff − SpeedFusion Bonding monitors connections and automatically turns control over to Hot Failover when links become unstable.
- Easy, on-demand scalability − Need more speed for mission-critical VPNs? How about temporary bandwidth for a specific project? With SpeedFusion Bonding, you can plug in connections from any provider and get more bandwidth instantly. And you can unplug connections at any time, keeping your connectivity costs under control.
With our new three-tier structure, it's never been easier to migrate to SpeedFusion and see why customers around the world have replaced IPsec and other conventional VPN technologies. Still not sure which SpeedFusion technologies are right for you? Check out the handy chart below
|256-bit AES Encryption
|Ease of Use
|Support Any Dynamic IP Environments
|Seamless, Hot Failover − Unbreakable VoIP and VPN 1
|VPN Bonding Across Multiple WAN Links
1 With other VPN technologies, WAN failover terminates existing VPN connections, creating costly downtime. SpeedFusion Hot Failover is completely automatic and invisible, so you won't miss a beat when switching between connections.
And below is a comparison table illustrating which Peplink / Pepwave models support PepVPN, SpeedFusion Hot Failover and SpeedFusion Bonding.
|Balance 20 / 30
|Balance 210 / 310 / 380 / 580 / 710 / 1350
|AP One / AP Pro *
|FlexAP * / Device Connector *
|Surf SOHO *
* Coming soon.
# Upgradable with license key.
^ Available on select models. Please refer to the device's technical specifications and ordering information page.
- What Peplink / Pepwave device supports PepVPN?
PepVPN will become available as a standard feature on all of our devices.
- Can I upgrade PepVPN to SpeedFusion?
Yes, Peplink / Pepwave device with multiple WAN interfaces can generally be upgraded to support SpeedFusion. For details please refer to your device's technical specifications and ordering information page.
- Can I use PepVPN to connect to SpeedFusion-enabled devices?
Yes, you can use PepVPN to connect to SpeedFusion-enabled devices.
- Can I aggregate bandwidth with PepVPN?
PepVPN can only use a single WAN connection at any one time. It can connect to bonded WANs on other SpeedFusion-enabled devices, however.
- Is there a PepVPN software client?
No, PepVPN is a device-to-device VPN protocol, and there is no software client at this time.